Missing those Sunday treats from Cerena? Tie on an apron and join her in the kitchen for a recipe that anyone can make. Just don’t make it too early, or there might not be any left for Sunday! This week’s recipe is Snickerdoodle Cake. If you have a recipe request, send her a DM on Instagram @cerenamelazzo and it just might show up in a future episode.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 1/23+ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
12+ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Spray an 8″x 8″ baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix the dry ingredients in the baking dish until well blended.
- Make 3 depressions in the dry ingredients: two small and one large.
- Add the vegetable oil in the large depression. Add vinegar and vanilla in the two smaller depressions.
- Pour water over all. Mix well until smooth.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for approximately 35 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, mix the cinnamon and sugar for the topping.
- Check center of cake with toothpick to make sure it comes out clean.
- While the cake is still warm from the oven, sprinkle cinnamon sugar evenly over top.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!